Message from President Ken Riley

Dear Affiliates,

I want to thank you for your vote of confidence in allowing me to serve as president of the South Carolina AFL-CIO for the next fifteen months.

I gladly accept this challenge and look forward to working with each of you. There is absolutely no way I or anyone else can replace our great leader, Donna Dewitt. Donna led our federation for many years with great distinction and with a vision that can never be duplicated. She will always be my president and I will continue to look to her for the wisdom and guidance that only she can give.

In the weeks ahead I will communicate to you my plans and my vision for the State Federation. This will include visiting with each affiliate to learn more about you, your specific issues and the challenges you face. It is one of my goals to provide you with the support and resources that you need to be successful. In return, the State Federation will be soliciting from each of you a solid commitment to do more to support the work of the State Federation and its affiliates. If we are to be successful in this state we can no longer afford to be concerned with the issues that only affect us directly. We are stronger together and we must operate with precision and in unison.

I will introduce at least two new initiatives that will provide the financial stability and independence that we need to grow the movement. Financial independence will allow us the freedom to be more creative and innovative in finding real tangible solutions to the unique set of problems we have in South Carolina . You will see that by each one of us doing just a little more we will be able to fund all of the programs that are vital to a strong Federation. Your openness to these initiatives will be crucial.

Again, I want to thank you for the opportunity to serve. I promise I will give nothing less than my very best to earn the confidence you have placed in me. Let us prepare now to move this Federation like never before.


Fraternally,

Kenny Riley
Interim President
South Carolina AFL-CIO

No comments:

Post a Comment